For weeks now, everywhere you turn it’s all about back-to-school.
For school marketers, that means a shift in focus, workload and even the work environment. Back-to-school is a wonderful, energetic time, but it can also be a little…draining.
It is hard to consistently create great content.
Content marketing is a relatively simple concept but it is not easy.
There is so much going on that it is suddenly hard to find time, to focus, to muster up any extra energy.
If you’re feeling that way, there’s good news. First, the August/September craze is already starting to wind down and a natural calm is about to settle in. Second: You can do this. You have so much knowledge inside you and around you that can feed your inspiration.
When you’re feeling stuck, overwhelmed or need a new perspective, we have some tried-and-true ways to reenergize yourself, jumpstart productive brainstorming and get that inspiration back.
- Follow the Alex Osburn method of brainstorming. Read more about it here.
- Work that creative muscle. These 5 exercises will help guide you.
- Struggling to come up with new content topics? Start asking questions. Ten of them, to be precise.
- Clear your head and find your motivation. Get tips for beating the overwhelm.
- Follow these tips to avoid burnout.
- Browse through the no-fail brainstorming strategies of other marketing pros to find what feels like a good fit for you. We compiled a super-helpful list of 11 tips here.
- Embrace the back-to-school season by joining it—ongoing education keeps us marketers in tune and inspired.
- Become a student at SchneiderB VirCon3*- where seven school marketing pros will teach you all about storytelling tips and tactics (including Cursive’s very own Emily Cretella). You don’t want to miss it—and since it’s a virtual conference, you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your own office to attend. Brilliant.
The back-to-school excitement, followed by a back-to-school slump, is totally normal for school marketers. By refocusing your energy, creativity and motivation, you’ll find your happy pace for the school year ahead.
Don’t forget: We’re here with weekly actionable tips that will help you tell a stronger school story- join our email list using the form below.
*This is an affiliate link, which means Emily makes a bit of money when you use this link to register.
Yay, you're on the list! Now, be sure to check your email to confirm your subscription.