Small businesses often struggle to create impactful marketing and advertising campaigns, largely due to limited time, resources and budget. Which is exactly why we love content marketing for small business.
The scalability of content marketing makes it possible to start out slow and grow a plan over time. Repurposing content, one of content marketing’s central practices, helps you get the most out of every piece developed. Authenticity creates a level of comfort within the business (no marketing smoke and mirrors here, the content needs to be totally “you”) and for your customers (people are smart, and they can feel your real-ness).
In honor of this weekend’s Small Business Saturday, here are 11 quick tips that will help small businesses create a big content marketing impact:
- A memorable story doesn’t have to be complex. Make it strong but keep it simple—you can tell the longer tale after you’ve intrigued your audience. Learn more about the concept of handshake content.
- Being budget-conscious is a small business necessity, but so is marketing. When you evaluate your marketing decisions, consider not just the immediate ROI, but also the long-term value and benefits.
- Creating great content takes time, a precious commodity for small biz. Before you make any hiring decisions, evaluate if you need someone on staff or if you can outsource the work. Both have their benefits, and only you can decide what’s best for your company. Compare the advantages of hiring vs. outsourcing: Should You Hire or Outsource for Content Marketing Success?
- When you have a small staff, it might not always be possible to pull a group together to brainstorm your next blog topic. These free content idea generation tools provide a way to “brainstorm” by yourself.
- Every small business wants to leverage the power of social media, but there’s no denying that it’s time consuming. Stay active and engaging on social media with these six social tips.
- A small budget doesn’t exclude you from putting in place some impactful landing page solutions. Check out our list of budget-friendly landing page platforms that can help you make a big impact.
- Whether you don’t want to write or just can’t find the time, a freelance writer can be the perfect solution. Here’s what to look for when selecting the perfect ghostwriter.
- Recycling isn’t just good for the environment—it’s good for your content marketing plan. These 12 ways to repurpose content will get your wheels turning.
- You’re not perfect. And while you might know that, it’s scary to reveal that to your audience. But being vulnerable is not just okay—it’s great.
- Building a partnership with another small business can be an outstanding way to broaden your reach and get more done.
- To get as much as possible out of each blog post you have to promote, promote, promote. Here’s a handy, printable guide that will ensure you don’t forget a step!
We’re passionate about helping small businesses create and share their stories. If you know you have a great story to tell but need a plan to help drive business, check out our Script Your Story sessions.
Yay, you're on the list! Now, be sure to check your email to confirm your subscription.